"Sephora Venites is a highly versatile and multi-talented artist who works in a wide range of mediums and styles. Her work is characterized by its philosophical depth and its ability to explore complex ideas through visual metaphors. By using both traditional and digital media, she is able to create art that is both timeless and cutting-edge, blending the best of both worlds in her unique and thought-provoking creations."
The World of Interiors - Artistic Impressions - Condé Nast Britain © March 2023.
𝘝𝘢𝘯𝘪𝘵𝘺 𝘍𝘢𝘪𝘳'𝘴 𝘏𝘰𝘭𝘭𝘺𝘸𝘰𝘰𝘥 𝘐𝘴𝘴𝘶𝘦 2023
✦•·················• 𝐕𝐅'𝐒 𝟐𝟗𝐓𝐇 𝐀𝐍𝐍𝐔𝐀𝐋 𝐇𝐎𝐋𝐋𝐘𝐖𝐎𝐎𝐃 𝐈𝐒𝐒𝐔𝐄 •·················•✦
Vanity Fair | April 2023 | The Spring Studio
Sephora Venites is a Brazilian artist who creates work in a range of mediums, including film, performance, photography, painting, assemblage, and digital art. Her focus is on exploring the subjectivity of women, using biocentrism and philosophy as the basis for her research and inspiration. She employs traditional techniques as well as digital media in her art, blending styles and effortlessly moving between abstraction and figuration. Sephora's work often centers on perception rather than experience, and aims to narrate the world's perception through artistic expression. She is influenced by movements such as dadaism and surrealism, and her art seeks to offer a new interpretation of reality and life through a metaphorical journey for the viewer. Sephora's use of disjointed figures at the boundary of representation and abstraction reflects her exploration of the female experience. Her art is characterized by vibrant, colorful palettes inspired by the natural beauty of her childhood surroundings in Brazil.
Curated Collection - Vanity Fair - May 2023
Sephora appeared on the TV series Mr Selfridge (2013), and film credits include the independent feature film "Liquid Love" (2018) by Vitor Steinberg, loosely based on the book of the Polish-born sociologist Zygmunt Bauman, and the recent adaptation of Ibsen's Hedda Gabler, by Matthew John.
Commercial works include Natura's campaign 'Mulheres' and Santander's 'Daily Race' alongside F1 World Champion Sebastian Vettel.
On stage, Sephora worked with the acclaimed Iranian playwright Nassim Soleimanpour, first during the "White Rabbit, Red Rabbit" tour in 2013 at the Theatre Sesc Vila Mariana in São Paulo. Also, in 2014, on the groundbreaking rehearsals of the thought-provoking "Blind Hamlet"; with the Actors Touring Company in London, UK.
In 2014, she debuted as a television presenter hosting Cena Londres, a Brazilian production from channel Bis, Globo Group. Exploring and covering the London music scene, the TV show featured artists like Cut Copy, Metronomy, The Hives, Molotov Jukebox, The Horrors, Little Dragon, Chet Faker, Anne Clark, Peggy Sue, Simian Mobile Disco, Atari Teenage Riot, Au Revoir Simone and Clap Your Hands Say Yeah.
- CABARET MÍSTICO – with Alejandro Jodorowsky. TEATRO TÍVOLI. Barcelona, ES, 2017.
- Machine Theater 2017 ( or theatre machine ) - The art of performing without set, director or rehearsals with Nassim Soleimanpour. (Teatro Máquina - A Arte de realizar peças sem ensaios. Nassim Soleimanpour. Sesc São Paulo, SP, Brasil.)
- Acting studies - Susan Batson Studio (USA). Susan Batson Studio. Sense memory technique. New York, NY, 2016.
- Workshop: Practical Improvisation based on the work of Viola Spolin and Keith Johnstone. With Dave Bourn (SPROUT IDEAS). At the actors centre/ (London, UK, 2014).
- Acting Characters with Paul Elsam. The Actors Centre (London, UK) 2014.
- Hamlet try out with Nassim Soleimanpour and Ramin Gray at Actors Touring Company [ATC]. London, UK, 2014.
- Improvised Singing: improvising and singing ability with Andrew Fisher. The Actors Centre (London, UK) 2014.
- The Imaginarium of the Actor, an acting method by Alejandro Catalán at OFICINA CULTURAL OSWALD DE ANDRADE (São Paulo, Brasil, 2013).
- "Not in the Theatre" by Nassim Soleimanpour - Sesc (São Paulo, Brasil, 2013)
- Lecture with Jan Harlan, Stanley Kubrick's producer at MIS - São Paulo Museum of Image and Sound (São Paulo, Brasil, 2013).
- Psychodramatic Theatre - Centro Cultural São Paulo, 2013.- Theater works, stage, 42 hours at Senac (São Paulo, Brasil, 2013).
- TV and Film Work with Miguel Rodrigues - (São Paulo, Brasil, 2013).
- Casting Directors Workshop (SPOTLIGHT, London, UK, 2012).
- Actors Studio - The Coach House - Pinewood Film Studios (London, UK, 2011).
- Actor Muscle with Beverly Leech - (Los Angeles, CA, 2011).
- American Academy of Dramatic Arts, Los Angeles, CA, 2011. Performance, the movement for the actor, voice and speech, vocal production, improvisation, musical theatre, the technique for the camera, test monologues, Alexander technique, dance and fencing.
- Workshop with Michael Kostroff - “Audition Psych 101″ (Los Angeles, CA, 2011).
- Acting studies - American Academy of Dramatic Arts (Los Angeles, CA, 2011).
- (2011) Beverly Leech, acting coach at American Academy of Dramatic Arts, Los Angeles (USA).
- THE MONO BOX - Improvisation, speech show backs & creative workshops ( 2014-2015/ London, UK).
- Atelier de artes e oficios com Marcio Mehiel (2010/2012) São Paulo - Brasil.
- Story and Screenplay Workshop by Robert Mckee - ( 2010 São Paulo, Brasil).
- Contemporary dance studio, KAIFU-LODGE (Hamburg, Germany, 2010).
- Actor's Training Course - Beto Silveira - Studio Beto Silveira - 1999 (São Paulo, Brasil).
- CLASSICAL MUSIC TRAINING - Conservatory of Music Renato Frateschi - 1989 - 1999 (Brasil).
- (2003) Cursos de Especialización | Diseño de Moda - Felicidad Duce. Introducción al Diseño de Moda. Barcelona, Spain.
- (2004 - 2007) COSTUME DESIGN - Institut Català de la Moda (Barcelona, Spain, 2007).
- (2009 - 2010) Escola São Paulo - Graphic Design and Illustration. São Paulo/SP, Brasil.
Public Activities & Awards:
- Woman Art Award 2018. Dedicated to Sofonisba Anguissola. Fundación Pons. April 13-15, 2018. Madrid, ES.
- 58th International Art Exhibition of la Biennale di Venezia, Biennale Arte 2019 | Collateral Events - Venue: PALAZZO CA' ZENOBIO - Dorsoduro 2596. Part of "Thirst" - National Participations - Bangladesh (People's Republic).
- Unesco - The Division for Gender Equality - September/ 2020. Palazzo Velli Expo - Piazza di S. Egidio 10, Rome, Lazio, Italy. Since its inception over 70 years ago, UNESCO has been at the forefront of supporting women's rights, empowerment, and gender equality.
- Decentraland Annual Art Week. DCL Art Week 2021. Portion Museum's Grand Opening in Decentrland's Voltaire District - July 9th 2021. Featuring OG and emerging crypto artists with 7 floors of cutting-edge NFT artwork. https://events.decentraland.org/event/?id=1e2302f8-adcf-4765-bbbd-97f93cef87f9 https://decentraland.org/blog/interview/in-conversation-with-jason-rosenstein-portion-io/
- Art in the Metaverse: Metaverse Exhibition - Digital Futures, January 2022. Portion Museum in Decentraland. https://blog.portion.io/portion-digital-futures-event-schedule/
- Metaverse Art Exhibition: Beyond Realism by Sephora Venites - Dada and Surrealist NFT Art (Exhibition + RARE wearables giveaway!) on view from April 2nd to 9th, 2022, at Decentraland Museum 13,75.
"For our first catalogue of 2021, our curators highlight new work by top emerging artists who are taking a cue from the icons of art history."